Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sheep Creek, Coffin lakes

I went on the second two MMBA advocacy rides this weekend. Coffin lakes trail was in good shape all the way to the lake, as long as you didn't mind fresh cow pies too much. It was a good trail, but stormy weather and cramped quarters at the view point for the lake made it the lesser of the two rides.

Sheep creek was a real gem of a trail, one of the best mountain lake trails I've ever ridden. It was dry up to just about 9,000' (right Denny?)and featured a 3 mile high speed meadow section second to none.

There's Denny and someone whose name escapes me.


Here's the lake


Get out there and ride it, and write! Info here and from IMBA here and a easy to use form letter here.

Feel free to ignore the rest if you don't like looking at CSS.


#outer-wrapper {
width: 660px;
margin:0 auto;
padding:10px;
text-align:left;
font: normal normal 100% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif;
}

#main-wrapper {
width: 410px;
float: left;


410 pixel width? optimized for all those people at 800x600 eh? Someone hates freedom. If this were my blog i'd do

#outer-wrapper {
max-width: 1000px;
margin:0 auto;
padding:10px;
text-align:left;
font: normal normal 100% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif;
}
#content-wrapper {
width:auto;
}
#main-wrapper {
width: 66%;
min-width:400px;
max-width: 600px;
float: left;
word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */
overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */
}


(just joking, this blog is a great, thanks for letting me contribute)

6 comments:

Denny. said...

Sick pics, John. I think that was Eric in the picture, but I can't be sure.

Mr DNA said...

I'll change the format when I'm good and ready* to!


-DNA























*like when I learn to. shh!

Unknown said...

Denny - I swapped the rider that was actually in front of you (who had a white shirt) with the rider who wasn't (red shirt) before I gave that photo to the MMBA to put on their website so the riders were more visible.

Or maybe I did it just to mess with your head? You will never know.

Any of you folks heading to Lima this weekend?

Denny. said...

Homeboy in the white is Kris.

The lake sits at a blood thickening 9085' according to Google Earth.

I'll have to skip Lima this time... I'll be doing 2 loops on Garnet in preparation for a race next week. Have fun though!

KissMySaaS said...

How do you get to Coffin lakes and sheep creek? I live in Bozeman. THanks!!!

SingletrackM1nd said...

andrew

http://www.visitmt.com/categories/moreinfo.asp?IDRRecordId=4896&SiteId=1

When in doubt, fire up The Ultranets and ask The Googletubes...all will be well.