Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New World Gulch

I knew it was going to be bad when I saw 3 signs at the trail head explaining how it was dangerous to go any further. I would say don't go up there until it gets fixed unless you like all of the following:

-Mosquitos in clouds
-Bogs in the trail
-Landslides
-missing trail next to the river
-slimy rocky creekbeds where the trail used to be

It wasn't horrible coming down (quite tricky), but I ended up pushing a good amount of the climb when I can normally ride most of it. Slimy rocks, trees, etc. I only went to where the trail dips down steeply before climbing to the meadow below Ellis. The horsemen had cleared the trail that far.

Anyone know if the state EVER gets around to fixing trails or are we out of luck on this one?

2 comments:

William Wren said...

cool

Denny. said...

If you ride from the Mount Ellis side, the downhill is FREAKY steep.

I walked a lot of it.