Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sypes...

Being the naive fool that I am: I rode from campus, up the M trail, and up the Bridger Foothills trail. Against my better judgment I continued on the Foothills trail. Unless you LOVE carrying your bike for the better part of 30 minutes up STEEP, loose switchbacks, avoid this trail like gas station burritos.

When I finally arrived at the top of Sypes, the conditions were awesome. A few small areas of snow were easily walked through. 4-5 muddy spots happened in random places, but the trail was sticky, smooth, and FAST.



One of the few snow spots:



After descending Sypes, I rode back to town just in time to get RAPED by the incoming storm front. I hope mother nature goes easy on us.

1 comment:

SingletrackM1nd said...

If it's any consolation to you...I was headed North, uphill, into that headwind, with a fully loaded Xtracycle. Bitch would be a kind way to describe that MoFo.