Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Mother nature "spared" us for the holiday. Instead of a rain/snow mix, it warmed all the way up to 46ºF with extreme wind!!! *sigh*

I threw on my winter clothes and rode out to the Triple Tree trail. I'm not sure what to make of the "Bicycles not advised" sign, but with only one vehicle in the parking lot I braved it. If you drive to this trail in the next two weeks, park up on Wintergreen road. The recent moisture has turned the lower section into a flooded mess of highly organic mud. Having your shoes dip into mung on each pedal stroke makes you feel extreme, but it's bad for the trail and bad for your bike.

When the trail begins to climb it gets better and sticky aside from wet roots. Stay right and ride to the bench. Even though the trail continues past the bench, turn around and go back down the trail you came up. I made the mistake of going down the other side. Slop city.

View from the top:

(Edit: I apologize for the crap phone cam pics)

No comments: