Monday, June 16, 2008

Grassy Mountain 6.15.08

A few of us headed out to Grassy yesterday. It's in pretty frikkin' good condition right now, until just shy of the top. There's a few wet spots on the trail but they are mostly avoidable. For the puddles going clear across the trail, please just go through them instead of going around, making the trail wider.
We did see someone riding the Olsen-Grassy loop, so I'm sure that much of the rest of the trail is ridable, you'll probably just have to walk through some snow.

-DNA

2 comments:

Denny. said...

I rode from Olsen to Bracket (grassy) on Sunday. There is a LOT of snow to hike through. I slid down one of the snow piles, so if you see *step step* *booooooody*, that was me.

One warning: One of the last switchaback son the way down has a mud puddle. This mud puddle has wrecked many a folk, including your's truly. It is MUCH deeper than it looks.

SingletrackM1nd said...

I had the same problem on Grassy. The puddle looked about two inches deep, my wheel, however, sunk to the axle and I landed on my head followed by my ass. I'd say that was the awesomerest fall I've ever had.